Hey, you! Welcome to my blog. Today I am going to be talking about things you must give up to move forward in different areas of your life and I am going to be doing that by listing 10 things you should give up. Everyone wants to move forward in life, no one wants to stay in one position forever. Moving forward is something that is really hard for most people because they refuse to let go of or give up what is holding them back and some don’t even know what it is that isn’t allowing to move forward, well if you are that person I am here to help you realize what is. Take a look at the 10 things you must give up to move forward:
- Letting the opinion of others control your life: it’s not about what others think, it’s about what you think about yourself that counts. You have to do exactly what is best for you and your life, not what is best for everyone else.
- The shame of your past failures: The past does not define your future, all that matters is what you do right now. Take a look at this quote:
As you look back at your life, you realize that every time you thought you were rejected from something good, you were actually being re-directed to something better.
- Being indecisive about what you want: You can never leave where you are until you decide where you would rather be. Make a decision to figure out what you want, and then pursue it passionately because time will not wait for you.
- Procrastinating on the goals that matter to you: This is one major problem that people have including me. I am always procrastinating like every time but one thing I realized is that there are two primary choices in life: to accept conditions as they exist or accept the responsibility when they change.
- Choosing to do nothing: You don’t get to choose how you are going to die or when. You can only decide how you are going to live, right now. Every day is a new chance to choose.
- Your need to be right: Aim for success, but never give up your right to be wrong. Because when you do, you will also lose your ability to learn new things and move forward with your life.
- Running from problems that should be fixed: Stop running! Face these issues, fix the problems, communicate, appreciate, forgive and love the people in your life who deserve it. If you keep running away from problems they will keep coming back.
- Making excuses rather than decisions: Most long-term failures are the outcome of people who make excuses instead of decisions.
- Overlooking the positive points in your life: What you see often depends entirely on what you’re looking for. You will have a hard time ever being happy if you aren’t thankful for the good things in your life right now.
- Not appreciating the present moment: Too often we try to accomplish something big without realizing that the greatest part of life is made up of the little things.
Well, these are 10 things I believe you need to give up I hope you learned something from this post because I did. I am ending this post with this quote:
Starting today, you need to forget what’s gone appreciate what still remains and look forward to what’s coming next.
Thank you so much for reading, you can drop your comments below (This post was inspired by a picture I saw on Pinterest).