Hey you! Welcome to this special post in celebration of Bloggers week 2017. This is the last post of the week and I am really happy to be given the opportunity to write about this particular topic. During the week, different bloggers talked about how you can build a good lifestyle from their different perspectives through topics that describe clearly some aspects you need to have a good lifestyle. This post is meant to make you realize that you can’t build a good lifestyle without being able to set goals.
Going through life without a goal is like you going on a journey without a destination. Yes, your lifestyle can be healthy, fashionably awesome, filled with relationships, very artistic but without the ability to set goals you are just going down a path without a destination. I am here to help you figure out how to set goals and reach them effectively. As you already know, 2017 is coming to an end tomorrow and a lot of people have new year resolutions also known as goals for the new year. Sincerely, most people that have new year resolutions don’t end up fulfilling it and I am actually part of those under the category of “most people”. Every year I make new year resolutions, out of 20 I only fulfill like 3.😂 That’s why we have to talk about “How to know your goal is a goal”. Your goal is a goal when it:
- It Motivates you: This means that the goal you are setting is important to you and that there is a great value in achieving them.
- It is attainable: This is making sure that the goal you are setting is attainable. An unattainable is also called an unrealistic goal. When you set a goal that you cant reach you are just basically wasting your time.
- It is relevant: Your goals should be relevant to the direction you want your life and career to take.
- It is time-bound: Your goal must have a deadline. When working with a deadline, it allows you achieve that goal much quicker.
- It is smart: For your goal to be powerful, they should be SMART
If your goal is not any of the things listed above, is it really a goal?. I have to admit that reaching goals that you set is not easy at all. There are a lot of goals I set for my self a long time ago that I haven’t reached but as time went on I learned how to stick with a goal without losing interest or forgetting about the goal and I want to share these little tips with you hope it can help:
- Ask yourself how committed you are: How committed are you to a goal, are you the type of person that sets a goal today and tomorrow just forgets about it. A goal needs a commitment to be achieved.
- Devote the necessary time: You should schedule a particular time every day that is reserved for your goal and this allows you to achieve your goal step by step.
- stay motivated and keep making progress even when you aren’t: When you set a goal it is going to be challenging but that doesn’t mean that when it gets hard you should lose motivation or give up. STAY MOTIVATED!!
- Plan of obstacles: Achieving the most difficult goals usually means overcoming many challenging obstacles. When you take your time to think about what obstacle might stand in the way of achieving your goal you can be prepared beforehand. Although they are some obstacles that can come your way that you won’t expect but don’t worry you will pull through.
The last point up there is really important. It is something you will definitely encounter during the fulfillment of a goal because nothing in life comes easy. That’s why when obstacles come you have to be ready to do the necessary things to overcome such obstacles. One important thing I want you to know when you are setting goals is that “Make sure your goals are realistic”. A lot of people set unrealistic goals (i used to be one of them) and they ended up wasting their time trying to achieve a goal that is not achievable. I am ending this post with this quote:
Once you have the aspects of building a good lifestyle (health, relationships, fashion, inspiration) you are complete without these things your lifestyle is missing a few things. I guess that’s the end of Bloggers week 2017 edition. I hope we have given you enough tips that can help you build your lifestyle.
Thank you so much for reading and tuning in every day. Have a lit new year ✨