Hey you! Welcome back to my blog. As you already know it’s the season of love and I am here to help my fellow singles out there with how they can enjoy Valentine’s Day without being in a relationship. Having to explain that you’re single on Valentine’s Day is almost worse than actually being single on Valentine’s Day.
Just because everyone around you is coupled off doesn’t mean you have to hide away in shame just because you aren’t dating someone. In my previous collaboration with David Cromwell (Thoughts of Cromwell) we talked about the whole concept of being single and how it isn’t bad. I have to admit that it isn’t actually easy to be single on a day that celebrates love but the truth is love is not just an emotion, it’s an ability to celebrate you and that you have the ability to love.
Romantic love is great actually but it’s not the only love out there, you have love for friends and family as well as love for yourself. Well, here are some tried and true tips to having a really beautiful valentine’s day:
- Treat yourself: Go all out on Valentine’s Day just to make sure that you appreciate yourself. Self-love is something that should be celebrated. You can buy yourself cake , gifts 🎁 and other stuff. You don’t need to wait for someone to buy you flowers or expensive chocolate you can do that all on your own.
- Celebrate Falentine’s Day: If you’re single and you have a bunch of single friends, then Falentine’s day is the best option. On Falentine’s day you are not just celebrating yourself and your friends, but you are celebrating the love you guys share. Plan something with your friends and spend the day having fun with people you love.
- Spend the day doing what you love the most: You don’t need someone to love, so spend the day doing what you love to do. If you like sleeping, writing, watching movies and other things then definitely do all those things on Val’s day.
- Go out: You can decide to spend your day outside your house like maybe going to a restaurant with someone or by yourself and you will definitely have the best time. But if you are like me who is in school just go to the cafeteria and enjoy yourself 😭.
- Just ignore it: This year’s Valentine’s Day falls on a Wednesday if you are like me that finds it very odd 😂 you can just stay indoors, order some food and have a really fun time from the comfort of your bed.
There is really no shortage of things to do on Valentine’s Day if you are single trust me I just didn’t have enough time to get more points 😭. In fact, you might be better off than your friends who are coupled up. Think about it, there’s no pressure to make the day special for anyone but yourself and to make it even better no one knows you better than yourself.
That’s all I have for you today and don’t forget to treat yourself to the Valentine’s Day you’ve always deserved. Thank you so much for reading see you next time 👋👋