Hey guys, Welcome back to my blog. Today I am going to be talking about toxic relationships and how to know you are in a toxic relationship. First of all most of us don’t know what toxic relationships are. I am just going to keep it simple by saying that a toxic relationship is any relationship that is unfavorable to you or others. The foundations of any relationship, healthy or not, are mostly established on mutual admiration or respect but in time can become really unhealthy. Toxic relationships can prevent those involved from living a productive life. There’s nothing wrong with admitting a relationship has run its course. Even if you can’t see your life without that person, with time and distance you’ll be able to see the relationship for what it is: Extremely Toxic. Take a look at a few things you will see in a toxic relationship:
- Negative energy: It’s all about negativity all the time. Negativity can drain you mentally, physically and emotionally and you are forced to deal with this every time.
- You’re not yourself: When you are in a relationship change is definitely bound to happen but that type of change is meant to make you a better version of yourself. When you start feeling like you are losing yourself or you don’t recognize who you are anymore then it’s not healthy.
- Criticism and contempt: No one is perfect, and the closer you become with someone the obvious their imperfections become. Criticism is good when it comes from a positive place but when it is used to express hate for someone else, it can make the person feel worthless which makes it hard for a relationship to come back from that.
- Arguing without communicating: It’s natural to get upset and argue but if there is no communication nothing will be solved.
- You’re just not happy anymore: It isn’t compulsory to expect to be happy in every moment of your relationship but as a whole this person is meant to make you happier. He or she should make you feel supported and capable of doing whatever you want to do. But if you don’t have that, is it really worth it?
These are just few things I feel makes a relationship toxic. One thing you should know is that people who are toxic are rarely aware of their own toxicity. They are too self-absorbed and preoccupied with their own emotions and needs to be aware of the needs and emotions of others. Toxic relationships are:
Unfavorable Unhealthy Hazardous
Don’t worry this is just the tip of the iceberg in the second part of this post I am going to talk about how to get rid of toxic relationships which I feel you should do. Thank you so much for reading if you like this post share and comment below. Don’t forget to subscribe by clicking here. BYE 👋