Hey, guys welcome back to my blog its been long since I wrote a post like this and I am sorry about that but I am back. Today, I am going to be giving helpful tips for unlocking your creative mind to produce new ideas for innovation. Creativity is basically using original ideas to create something exceptional.
We were all born with creativity most people just don’t know how to release it and some that already have it don’t know how to use it that’s why I am here to guide you into the light. So I have 10 major tips that I believe that if you follow you will start getting the creative ideas you need to create new things. Take a look at them:
- Inspire yourself: inspiration is very powerful has Scooter Braun once said, “ If you want to inspire the world, first inspire yourself ”. When you are inspired, motivation to think and take action comes and through that is where the idea is developed.
- Simplify your life: We are exposed to more information than ever before, and it can be overwhelming. Too much information influences our thoughts and prevents us from thinking creatively. Honestly, it is hard to find an original idea in the midst of everyone else’s ideas.
- Take Risks: This is something I refused to do for a long time while growing up when I saw myself in a challenging situation I always looked for every opportunity to get out of it but I later realized that in order for you to grow, you need to face challenges not run away from them. If you take the same risks as when you bet all the money you have on Nigeria beating England in a friendly match why can’t take that same risk when it comes to moving forward with your creative endeavours?
- Slow down: You don’t have to push yourself too fast just because you need an idea. It is during the downtime you set for yourself that your best ideas will surface.
- Start moving: Stop sitting and start doing. Get your body moving because it will increase your energy and your creativity which is what you need to implement the idea you get.
- Surround yourself with creative people: Albert Einstein once said that,”Creativity is contagious, Pass it on”. Talk to people about your ideas, let them give you feedback. Even though feedback can be painful (especially on something personal) it can give you the courage to improve.
- Let go of the idea of “perfection”: Nobody is perfect so why should you be stressing yourself to get perfection. So let go of perfection and realize that creativity is an ongoing process.
- Have fun: Having fun unleashes the creative side of the brain. So play and be spontaneous.
- Get out: I am not saying you should enter the sunken place. Rumour has it that when you step out and do a little exercise or engage in activities it helps build your creative mind.
- Aim to fail: Failure is the foundation for success. Learn to embrace and celebrate failure, and you’ll forever transform your understanding of the creative process.
Well, these are the few points I have that I believe can help you and if you follow them you will definitely start to get a lot of ideas that can make the world better than it is now but what can stop you from being creative is when you doubt yourself if you don’t think you can be creative enough to innovate then you just can’t be creative, So this is the end of the post and I will just like to end with this quote from Earl Nightingale:
Thank you for reading! Share your thoughts in the comment section below.