Hey guys welcome back to my blog, how have you been ? what have you been up to? anyways I am wonderful and I just recently finished my IT (Internship) which I am grateful to God for the grace to start and finish well (Expect a post on this soon). So back to the matter, today I am going to be giving a little beginners guide to minding your business you could call it a little tutorial to guide you to a path where another person’s business is of no concern to you.
First I have to tell you how I got the inspiration for this post, I was actually taking a look at a list of post topics I made and I wasn’t really feeling most of the posts on the list and to cut the story short I noticed a lot of people on my Whatsapp kept posting “Some people need to learn how to mind their business” and I was like that is what I am going to write about in order to help people know how and when to mind their business. I will start this insightful post with this bible verse:
and to aspire to live quietly, to attend to your own matters, and to work with your own hands, as we instructed you.
– 1 Thessalonians 4:11
The most important part of that verse is “To attend to your own matters”. It clearly says to your own matters, not your neighbour’s matter, not your friend’s matter, not your sister’s matter but your OWN MATTER. People who are unable to mind their own business are most likely internally miserable. They seek to find faults with others just to make themselves feel better. Helping a friend whose present situation seems distressed can be helpful at times but there is only so much advice you can give without pushing the limits.
Even if you don’t agree with what someone else is doing sometimes, you need to take a relax your nerves and let them make their own mistakes. Because I am a very nice person I am going to be giving you some simple tips to help you mind your business from today:
- If there’s a conversation, meeting, or exclusive event to which you have not been invited, please don’t interrupt. Stay away or walk away. Even though being excluded can be painful, it’s important to recognize that there may be good reasons why something is not your business.
- When you have the urge to poke your nose in someone else’s business, ask yourself certain questions like, “What will this add to my life” or “How does it concern me?”. If it is something related to you, then you can give it a thought, but if it doesn’t affect you in any way, then please go far away.
- No one asked you for your opinion so why are you putting your mouth. Trouble always comes when you involve yourself in people’s business if someone didn’t invite you to join the conversation why are you opening your mouth.
- Stop gossiping: I know it’s not easy, trust me I also find it hard not to gossip but this is like the highest level of not minding your business. You really need to stop gossiping, I know it’s a very serious addiction but you can get over it with great help from the Lord.
- Please learn to respect people’s boundaries: this is something that a lot of people don’t know how to do and it really annoys me. You need to recognize that everyone has a right to privacy and that each person is in charge of their own lives. Don’t expect people to share personal information with you all the time. One good way of respecting boundaries is being careful not to overstep your relationship with a person.
- You need to understand Body language: Step back when people communicate directly or indirectly that you should do so. Respect others when they tell you that something is not your business or even change the subject. Even when they don’t explicitly tell you to get out, be aware of what their body language is saying.
- Don’t be giving advice you were not asked for: I know it is very tempting to comment when you see something that isn’t in line with your views but sister/brother please keep quiet. Honestly, if you give me an advice that I didn’t ask for I won’t adhere to it.
These are some major tips I feel can help you mind your business effectively. It’s funny how You would be very surprised with how much positive changes that you could make in your life if you could just mind your own business. A person that minds their own business is always happy like him
The moral of the post is that you should try your best to not interfere in other people’s lives, face yours and you will be happy. Always remember to
Make somebody happy today by Minding your own business.
And also to
Drink water and mind your business.
Bye and don’t forget to subscribe. see you next time.